Friday, March 6, 2009

What Love Is

I know the topic of this post is a bit late considering that Valentine's Day is already over (about 20 days ago to be exact, hehehe). However, we cannot deny the fact that be it hearts day or not, all of us experience love everyday... one way or another. We feel love from our family, friends, special someone, and even strangers who just show compassion to us. We not only receive love but we also share them to others. So I just thought of making this post and talk about my views on love.

When people are asked how they define L0VE, we get a lot of different answers. That is why we refer to love as being subjective... because our definitions or descriptions are based on our life experiences. Now, if you ask me, I believe that love is more than just the emotions or the attraction that you feel for your partner. Love is also a Decision -- a decision that will give you strength and inspiration to make the relationship work especially when obstacles come your way. But what's best is that when you make such decision, you have to seek for God's grace and guidance then all else will follow.

Having said that, I'd like to share with you one of my favorite descriptions about love (or shall I say, one of the best definitions I've ever encountered). Here it is:

"L0VE is patient, love is kind.
It is not jealous, (love) is not pompous,
it is not inflated, it is not rude,
it does not seek its own interests,
it is not quick-tempered,
it does not brood over injury,
it does not rejoice over wrongdoing
but rejoices with the truth.
It bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails."

Sounds familiar, right? Well, that definition is taken from the Bible specifically from 1st Corinthians chapter 13 verses 3 to 4. I couldn't add anything to it anymore because it speaks for itself already. All I could say is that this verse serves as one of my inspirations in dealing with my relationship right now. Plus, this definition of love doesn't only limit you to the boy-girl and husband-wife relationships. It is universal. It does not only talk about the love between a couple but also the love of a person for his/her family, friends, relatives and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment